Tuesday, August 11, 2015
On July 31, 2015, our agency sent out THE email...
The CLOSURE of their Ethiopian program...
Even though we knew this was coming it's still sad. We've waited 4 years. And it's not closing because there's no longer a need. There are still so many orphans... But corruption is abundant, and Ethiopian government officials are no longer supportive of international adoption. So after examining all possibilities, our agency found no way to ethically conduct adoptions and closed the door. They will continue their humanitarian efforts, though.
Soooooo now what???
Well, our agency is encouraging all wait list families to switch programs. But, honestly, the thought of creating another dossier make me tired! (This would be our 3rd! One for ET and one for China) Plus the expense - We're talking $30,000+. And, though I'm still open to adopting again, we really just don't feel "called" to any other country. I really don't know what to do?? (despite having a long time to think about it, I know...) Are we just done? Is our family complete? Is this God's way of saying, Focus on the 5 you have ? Or is this just a detour? God has definitely done that before! ;)
So, if you read this and have some time, will you say a little prayer for our (and every wait list family's) clarity?
Monday, August 3, 2015
Well...so much for my goal to blog more regularly...Oh, well...
Here's what we've been up to the last few months! :)
- A's First Communion - Our sweet girl celebrated her first holy Communion. Congrats, A!!
- P's PreK Graduation!
- Becoming a Full-time SAHM! - Yep...I had taken one year off to stay at home with S and M, but I had to make a decision by May 1st as to whether I would be coming back or not... It was a hard decision. I'm lucky to have a job I love. I'll missing teaching math, but for many reasons, now is the time to stay home. The whole family helped me clean out my classroom. Goodbye, middle-schoolers! I'll miss my students, co-workers, and perhaps most importantly, my 30 minute, duty-free lunch!! ;)
- Fair Oaks Farm
- Indianapolis Children's Museum
- Indianapolis Zoo
- One Year Home!
- South Carolina
- Art Camp
- Anniversary! :)
- Sports begin: Soccer for A and P, Cross Country for B
And coming up in August...
- School! B is a sophomore, A is in 3rd grade, P starts kindergarten, and S starts PreK!
- A's 9th Birthday!
- Dad's Birthday!
So that's what we've been up to. Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe fall!!